WHAT IAESTE IS
IAESTE is an international technical work-experience programme that can assist you in finding the right trainee for either a short-term or long-term placement in your organisation. The programme is managed by the National Agency, Léargas, in partnership with the Department of Education and Skills. IAESTE currently operates in 87 countries and provides employers with access to a pool of well motivated, technically and linguistically skilled students/recent graduates from over 1,000 universities worldwide. Founded in 1948 and operating in Ireland since 1962, IAESTE has exchanged over 320,000 students worldwide.
IAESTE AIMS TO BRING
- Students/Recent graduates a high quality relevant technical experience
- Well qualified and motivated trainees to employers
- A source of cultural enrichment for employers and trainees alike
WHAT WE CAN DELIVER
We can deliver high quality technical students/recent graduates to your specification in any field of engineering & technology, science or applied arts. Every traineeship is conducted through English. All IAESTE trainees must undergo a comprehensive review process before being nominated for any position, thus ensuring they are suitably qualified for their traineeship . IAESTE trainees act as a source of cultural enrichment to your organisation while also enabling an Irish student to gain valuable work experience abroad. As part of our programme IAESTE Ireland provides the following services free of charge:
- Find suitable accommodation
- Meet all trainees upon arrival in Ireland
- Organise entry visa/work permits
- Assist trainees with any general admin tasks
- Provide a full social and cultural programme for all trainees.
AN EMPLOYER’S OBLIGATIONS TO AN IAESTE TRAINEE
- Ensure they get high quality, relevant work experience
- Pay a sufficient wage (enough to cover accommodation & living expenses)
- Provide a safe working environment
READY TO RECEIVE AN IAESTE TRAINEE?
Complete the one-page online application available at Employer Placement Offer Form We will then contact you to discuss your precise needs.You will receive details of the trainee selected for your traineeship as soon as is practicable (usually from March onwards each year) Once you approve the selected trainee IAESTE Ireland will make all necessary arrangements for the trainee’s arrival.
Lastly IAESTE services are free of charge.