What should I bring with me?
- IAESTE papers related to your job
- Enough money until your first salary
- Medication if any
- Your unlocked phone
- Raincoat – It can be a bit rainy here
- Travel guide
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
What’s the public transport like in Ireland?
- For students: Sign up for a Student Leap Card: here
- For non-students: Sign up for a Leap Card: here
- Forms of public transport in Ireland:
What mobile network should I sign up for?
The following are available network providers in Ireland. Check their websites for their current offers. I suggest you opt for the ‘Pay As You Go’ or ‘Prepay’ where you can for example top up by €20 euro each month to avail of the offer.
Where is it cheap to eat out?
Check this website out for great places to eat lovindublin.com.
You can also find deals from Groupon Ireland and Pigsback and Living Social.
There is also a list of all the pubs, clubs, restaurants and coffee shops to go to in Dublin at the back of the incoming trainee guide
Can I drink tap water?